Thursday 11 December 2008

Christmas Greetings



I like all the clutter that comes with Christmas. I don't mind the 'tat' at all! My Christmas tree is always full of colour and glitter, and each decoration is added to enhance and harmonise with all the others. I have a little collection of nativities - some china, some glass, even one carved of beeswax. Several are in glass balls with musical tunes and a snowstorm if you tip them upside down. One is a little wind chime. Many have a place to add a nightlight. On Christmas Eve, I set up figures of Mary, Joseph and some cows in a little wooden shed that my husband made for me - it has moss on the roof. On Christmas Day, the infant Christ figure arrives in the manger, the shepherds are placed in front of him, kneeling with their sheep, and the 3 kings start their journey from the TV table across the room over the mantelpiece, to arrive at the scene by Epiphany. On occasion, they have been known to circumnavigate the entire room, and even to have got lost on the way! The thing is, everyone in the family takes seriously the Christmas message, enters into the story, and helps them on their journey.
This year, I have been sent a Christmas email with an all singing all dancing PowerPoint presentation of different Christmassy scenes each revealing all the Christmas tat I enjoy, with baubles and Santas and nativities appearing and disappearing as only PowerPoint knows how. I hope the Church House server will let me send it out to our students and that the file is not too big!

No comments:

Welcome to Beren's Blog