Wednesday 14 April 2010

Easter

A glorious Easter this year at our new church. The church building looked wonderful - decked out with spring flowers. The Church looked even better, even though most of them were still in their winter clothes, rather than Easter bonnets!

We had a power cut that morning, just as I was typing out the running order for the service - I was, unusually, presiding and preaching at the Eucharist. So my computer crashed, and with it, any chance of getting the order printed off for myself. Shouldn't be a problem, I thought - but - hey! Guess what? There was a problem - two, in fact. I managed to forget the Collect and had to slip it in later, and at the end, I went straight to the dismissal forgetting the last hymn and blessing. I managed to stop before I sent everyone out unblessed and we did the ending properly, but it occurred to me that a large print, clear order of service with everything included in it, rather than the church's Common Worship printed booklet is probably something I now need to get ready to take to church every week, just in case! Anyway, no-one seemed to notice the slip-ups, and good humour and warmth seemed to pervade the congregation.

After that, back home for lunch with 13 of the family - so it was like one big feed-in all day. It says something to me about the hospitality of the Lord's table - all are welcome, and if we have the opportunity to squeeze a few more in, we'd be delighted to do so!

No comments:

Welcome to Beren's Blog