Thursday 22 April 2010

Seeing Jesus in unexpected ways?

Just at the end of the curates conference, I passed a young woman that I didn't know sitting on a window seat in the conference centre. Perhaps she had arrived for the Roman Catholic Mass in the chapel of the Pastoral Centre? She was breast feeding her tiny baby. I smiled at her and passed on.

Then I remembered - when I was nursing my two babies, I had been terribly thirsty all the time. This woman didn't have a drink beside her. So I turned back and asked if she would like some water. "Oh, yes, please, " she answered, "I'm very thirsty". I fetched her a mug-full from the nearby water fountain.

Later, in the Eucharist, I remembered, 'Then the King will say, "I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink ... when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’' '(Matthew 25.35-40).

No comments:

Welcome to Beren's Blog